Pondshield Starter: Each 1 Litre will cover 1 square metre using 2 recommended coats.
It is a pond and water tank sealer that contains reinforcing fibres for sealing fine hairline cracks. Pondshield starter is suitable for all below ground applications.
PondShield Starter maybe applied by brush, roller or soft broom and should be applied with at least 2 coats each of 0.5 litre per square metre – this will ensure a minimum total coverage of 1 litre per square metre. Allow 24 hours for drying between coats.
PondShield Starter is not suitable for waterproofing where reverse hydrostatic pressure exists and therefore can not be applied to ‘green’ concrete or where moisture is present. Pondshield Starter cures by loss of moisture so the product can only be used where conditions allow adequate drying.
PondShield Starter requires a minimum of 10 days curing time prior to filling with water.
Tips on using Pondshield Starter
- Once the product has been opened, as long as it is kept sealed in a cool dry area the pot life is 12 months.
- The required amount of product should be poured from the original container into an empty, clean ice-cream container or other vessel.
- Then it should be applied at the recommended rate; do not make the sealant “go further” – rather use more sealant if required to ensure a waterproof seal.
- A light mist of water on the concrete before painting particularly in warm weather will allow the sealant to get a good foothold on the concrete.
- The paintbrush should not be dipped in and out of the original container as bacteria will cause the product to go off.
- Also ensure that the correct thickness of the pond sealant is achieved, if the sealants are applied too thinly, a waterproof barrier will not be achieved and the pond may not hold water.
- Any “sharp” angles in the pond, gaps in between bricks/blocks and overly rough or textured surfaces such as the pitting that occurs on limestone blocks should be smoothed out with render prior to sealing.
- Old pond sealant cannot be painted over and should be completely removed using a diamond tipped grinding disc or high pressure gurney until the raw concrete/render is exposed. Before the pond is filled with water it is recommended to lightly spray and gently brush the sealant with a soft bristled broom to remove any residue, soak up the water pooling in the bottom of the pond with clean towels and repeat. The pond can then be filled with water.
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||6.00 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.