In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
Bloom Roots [300ml] - ($33.00)
Bloom Seaweed [300ml] - ($8.25)
Sterile Disposable Scalpel [1pc] - ($2.75)
All Rounder Hydroponic Net Pots 80 x 75mm [20 Pots] - ($16.00)
Root-It Natural Rooting Sponges or Plugs - 50 Loose to a Bag
- Fleximix – a great alternative to jiffy soil-plugs and rockwool plugs
- Made from natural, biodegradable ingredients
- Hold the perfect ratio of air to water.
- Great for rooting cuttings and starting off seeds
- Come in their own re-sealable bag of 50
Root-It Natural Rooting Sponges Contains:
1 x bag of 50 loose Root-It Fleximix Plugs
How Root-It Natural Rooting Sponges Work:
Root-It sponges are made from natural substances bound together with polymers made from plant extracts. The result is a biodegradable “sponge” that holds a lot of water without becoming waterlogged, in fact they hold the perfect ratio of air to water for rooting cuttings and starting off seeds. Root-It plugs are a great alternative to jiffy 7 soil-plugs and come ready to use and in a re-sealable bag to hold in moisture.
Using Root-It Natural Rooting Sponges
Comprehensive instructions about how to take cuttings can be found in various places on the internet. Here is a short guide: Place a tray of your Root-It plugs into the bottom tray of a propagator. Choose healthy shoots with thick stems from which to take your cuttings and make the last cut with a sterile scalpel. Dip the cut end into a rooting gel such as Clonex and then place the end of the cutting into one of the rooting plugs. When you have finished taking your cuttings, put the lid on your propagator and move to a mild environment with low-medium light levels for the first few days. Keep the rooting plugs moist and mist your cuttings 2-3 times a day. After a few days, gradually increase light levels and open up the ventilation slots on the lid of your propagator to reduce humidity. When your cuttings have rooted through the plugs, they can then be placed in a large rockwool cube, soil or a hydroponics system to grow.
Root-It plugs can also be used to germinate seeds. Simply drop a seed into the hole in a moist Root-It plug. As soon as the tap-root appears, simply transplant it into the grow-medium of your choice.
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||1.69 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.