The AutoPot™ Smart-Dripper is great If you need to water a plant bigger than what can be grown in the Autopot Hydrotray Single 12″ module, and helps to create a zone of moisture in the grow pot or ground. The Smart-Dripper contains a Smart-valve within its own reservoir from which a wick draws up the nutrient solution from the reservoir, and drips it into the grow medium or soil.
The AutoPot™ Smart-Dripper Module Contains:
- 1 x Bottom shell and cover
- 2 x Wicks
- 1 x 4mm Tubing and tap
- 1 x Marix (attached to the bottom)
- 1 x Smart-valve
Size: 310mm x 200mm x 200mm
How the AutoPot™ Smart-Dripper Works
- When the Smart-valve is connected to a water supply, it will fill the reservoir up to 40mm and then stop.
- The high water level within the reservoir will activate the capillary action of the wick to draw water from the reservoir over its side and overflow by trickling down the other side of the wick.
- The flow will be slow dripping out of the free end of the wick a drop at a time.
- The speed of dripping is governed by the size of the wick used.
- The water in the reservoir gradually dries up as the water is drained off by the wick in half an hour to 2 hours depending on the flow rate. Despite the drop in the water level in the reservoir, the Smart-valve remains closed until the reservoir is completely drained. Once that happens, the Smart-valve automatically re-opens to allow another consignment of water into the reservoir. The filling and draining of the reservoir is automatic and its interval depends on how quickly the water was removed.
Advantages of the AutoPot™ Smart-Dripper
- Less blockages – it is far less likely to block compared to conventional drippers. This is due to the narrowest point in the system being the the Smart-valve’s inlet – measuring 2mm in diameter compared to the very small orifice required to reduce the drip rate for a conventional dripper.
- Uniform output – the drip rate is very uniform. Unlike conventional drippers, the output of the Smart-Dripper is not affected by distances in the lengths of tubing, differing water pressure or varying terrain.
- Low drip rate – drip rate can be adjusted to as low as 2 litres in 24 hours of continuous dripping.
- Low pressure– The Smart dripper can operate on very low working pressure of less than 1 psi up to a maximum of 10 psi. This means that you can have the system fed off a tank by gravity.
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||0.70 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
Free Shipping Eligibility
What is the eligibility for Free Shipping? As long as your delivery address is in our free shipping zone, and your order is above the minimum value for free shipping, your shipping will be free. For full details see our shipping information here.
Special Order Items - These are items that we do not regularly stock. These items will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Back Order Items - These are items we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These items will be back in stock within a few days. See the full details here.
This calculator will give you the delivery charges for this product only. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown, including Free Shipping if you are eligible.