Air Layering Capsule: A Faster Way to Propagate Plants
The Air Layering Capsule is a revolutionary product that helps you propagate plants faster and more efficiently. It is designed to create stronger aerial roots that reproduce a more mature plant. This method is perfect for stem diameters of 6-8mm and can be used for most plants, including tropical indoor plants, climbers, roses, magnolia, camellias, azaleas, and nut and fruit producers like apples, pears, pecans, and citrus.
Features and Benefits
- Stronger Aerial Roots: The Air Layering Capsule helps produce stronger aerial roots, which means a more mature plant can be reproduced faster than traditional propagation methods.
- Easy to Use: The capsule is easy to use and can be used by anyone, even if you have never propagated plants before.
- Works for Most Plants: The Air Layering Capsule works for most plants, making it a versatile tool for gardeners and plant lovers alike.
How to Use
- Select a vertical branch just below the bud.
- Make 2 horizontal cuts in the bark 10mm apart.
- Peel the bark away between the cuts to expose the inner cambium.
- Fill the capsule with moist coco peat (coir) or sphagnum moss.
- Clamp the capsule around the exposed cambium.
- Seal the capsule to prevent drying out, and water weekly.
- Check for root growth after 6 weeks.
- Once established, cut the branch below the capsule and plant out.
Aqua Gardening Suggests These are Best For
The Air Layering Capsule is ideal for plant enthusiasts who want to propagate their favorite plants faster and more efficiently. It is also perfect for gardeners who want to experiment with new plant varieties.
Notes from Aqua Gardening
- Make sure to seal the capsule tightly to prevent drying out.
- Water the capsule weekly to keep the coco peat or sphagnum moss moist.
- Check for root growth after 6 weeks. If there is no growth, try again with a different branch.
What is air layering?
Air layering is a method of propagating plants by growing roots onto the branches of existing plants to produce a clone.
What is the diameter of the stem that can be used for air layering?
The Air Layering Capsule is designed to work with stem diameters of 6-8mm.
What kind of plants can be air layered?
Most plants can be air layered, including tropical indoor plants, climbers, roses, magnolia, camellias, azaleas, and nut and fruit producers like apples, pears, pecans, and citrus.
Is the Air Layering Capsule easy to use?
Yes, the capsule is easy to use and can be used by anyone, even if you have never propagated plants before.
How long does it take for the roots to grow?
Check for root growth after 6 weeks.
What should I do once the roots have grown?
Once the roots have grown, cut the branch below the capsule and plant out.
Still Unsure if This Product is Right for You?
Enter the quantity of product and your Australian suburb name to calculate the shipping costs for multiples of this item only. You can calculate the shipping costs for your entire order, including international orders, on the Cart Page.
Free Shipping Eligibility
Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $249 that are not bulky items. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
Back Order products
These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
Click & Collect Only products
These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
Fast Dispatch products
These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Special Order products
Special Order products are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Products marked with ship-to-store can still be shipped to us to collect in-store! Simply check out with the shipping address: 3/4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD, 4053. Once your order arrives, we’ll email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.
1 Year Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details...