5 Reasons to Invest in a Garden for your Health & Where to Start!
5 Reasons to Invest in a Garden for your Health + 5 Things to Remember When Starting!
If you’re trying to find ways to invest in your health this coming new year, why not consider starting a garden?
Here are five great reasons to make the investment:
1. Improved Nutrition: Growing your own produce provides access to fresh, nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables that can help keep you healthy. Studies have shown that having access to fresh food leads to improved nutrition overall! You also control what goes into and on the produce so you can have peace of mind you aren't ingesting nasty pesticides and chemicals.
2. Reduced Stress: Gardening is an excellent form of exercise that helps reduce stress levels and improve emotional wellbeing by boosting serotonin and endorphin levels. There's nothing quite like watching your plants grow — it's a great reminder that with hard work comes abundance!
3. Lower Risk of Heart Disease: Studies have found that people who worked in the garden experienced lower heart rates and blood pressure than those who simply watched or walked around their gardens. So get growing if you want a healthier heart!
4. Strengthens Muscles: Working on tasks such as digging, raking, pruning, planting and weeding provides an excellent physical workout that strengthens muscles and improves endurance.
5. Sense of Purpose: Gardening can provide a sense of purpose — when caring for something living it’s easy to feel accomplished after each task is completed which brings heightened feelings of satisfaction and fulfillment!
So invest in your health this year by building a beautiful garden — you won't regret it!
Overwhelmed? Gardening can be an intimidating undertaking, but it doesn’t have to be!
Here are five things to remember when starting a garden so you don't feel overwhelmed:
1. Start Small: Don’t hesitate to begin with just a few plants. Starting small will help you manage expectations and give your garden time to grow.
2. Educate Yourself: Learning the basics of gardening is essential — knowing how much water, sunlight and attention different plants need will make the process much more straightforward and rewarding!
3. Plan Ahead: Make sure to research the specific conditions of your space — soil composition, climate, pests, etc. — as this will determine what types of plants you can successfully grow there.
4. Learn by Doing: Don’t be afraid to dive in and start experimenting! Gardening is not an exact science and some trial and error may be necessary as you learn through experience.
5. Patience Is Key: Your garden won't look perfect overnight — give it some time and don't get discouraged if things don’t go as planned at first! With patience and dedication, you'll soon have a beautiful garden full of vibrant life and color!
Not sure where to start?
Download one of our eBooks to get your learning started and then Book a free 20 Min consult with our knowledgeable team and we can help find you something for you space. Bring your garden dreams to life!