Grow Your Own Delicious Beefstake Tomatoes
Beefstake Tomato Seeds are Certified Organic Seeds produced by Pleasance Herb Seeds in New South Wales, perfect for gardeners and tomato enthusiasts looking to add a flavourful, juicy, and robust beefstake tomato variety to their gardens.
Features and Benefits
- Certified Organic: Grown without the use of chemical fertilisers or pesticides, ensuring a healthier and tastier tomato.
- High Yield: Beefstake tomato plants are known for their abundant and sizeable fruit production.
- Robust Flavour: The large, meaty tomatoes are packed with a savoury, slightly sweet taste.
- Versatility: Ideal for slicing, grilling, and using in sandwiches, salads, sauces, and many other culinary creations.
- Quality Assured: Produced by Pleasance Herb Seeds, a reputable and reliable Australian seed supplier.
How to Use
- Prepare your planting area by adding well-draining soil, organic matter, and a quality tomato fertiliser.
- Sow the beefstake tomato seeds in seed trays or pots, placing them 6mm deep and 50cm apart.
- Water the seeds lightly to moisten the soil and place in a warm, well-lit location, such as a greenhouse or a sunny windowsill.
- Monitor the moisture levels and ensure that the soil remains consistently damp but not saturated.
- Once seedlings have reached approximately 8cm in height, transplant them into their final growing position in the garden, spacing them 90cm apart to allow adequate airflow.
- Provide support for the tomato plants, such as stakes or a tomato cage, as they grow and develop.
- Water regularly and apply a balanced tomato fertiliser once fruit starts to form.
- Harvest your beefstake tomatoes when they are fully ripe and enjoy the fruits of your labour.
Aqua Gardening Suggests These are Best For
Beefstake Tomato Seeds are ideal for home gardeners, market growers, and tomato lovers who enjoy growing their own organic, delicious, and versatile tomatoes. They are suitable for both novice and experienced gardeners, as the plants are relatively hardy and easy to grow in well-drained soil and a sunny location.
Notes from Aqua Gardening
- Be vigilant in identifying and controlling pests and diseases, such as aphids and tomato blight, by treating with organic pest control methods and ensuring proper gardening practices are followed.
- Due to the large size of beefstake tomatoes, ensure adequate support is provided by using stakes or tomato cages.
- Beefstake tomato plants may require additional water during hot, dry periods to prevent fruit from cracking.
FAQsWhat are Beefstake Tomato Seeds?
Beefstake Tomato Seeds are high-quality, certified organic seeds that are suitable for growing large, meaty tomatoes known as Beefstake tomatoes. These seeds are produced by Pleasance Herb Seeds, a reputable seed producer in New South Wales, Australia.How do I plant and care for Beefstake Tomato Seeds?
To plant Beefstake Tomato Seeds, follow these steps:
1. Choose a sunny location with well-draining soil for your tomato plants.
2. Sow the seeds in seedling trays or pots about 6-8 weeks before the last expected frost, planting them about 5mm deep.
3. Keep the soil consistently moist and maintain a temperature of about 21-25°C for successful germination.
4. Transplant the seedlings outdoors after the last frost, positioning them 60-90cm apart.
5. Provide support for the plants with stakes or cages to help them grow upright.
6. Water the plants regularly and apply a balanced organic fertiliser during the growing season for healthy growth.How long does it take for Beefstake Tomato Seeds to germinate?
Beefstake Tomato Seeds typically take between 7-14 days to germinate, provided that the soil temperature and moisture conditions are maintained within the optimal range.When is the best time to sow Beefstake Tomato Seeds?
The ideal time to sow Beefstake Tomato Seeds is 6-8 weeks before the last expected frost in your area. This allows the seedlings to grow strong enough for transplanting outdoors when the weather is favourable.What is the expected yield from Beefstake Tomato plants?
The yield from Beefstake Tomato plants can vary depending on factors like growing conditions and plant care. However, with proper care and maintenance, each plant can produce multiple large, meaty tomatoes throughout the growing season.Are Beefstake Tomatoes suitable for container gardening?
Yes, Beefstake Tomatoes can be grown in large containers or pots, provided that they have sufficient depth for root development and adequate drainage. Ensure that the container is at least 45cm in diameter and has support structures like stakes or cages to support the plant's growth.Are Beefstake Tomato Seeds organic?
Yes, the Beefstake Tomato Seeds offered by Aqua Gardening are certified organic seeds. They are produced by Pleasance Herb Seeds, a trusted seed producer in New South Wales, Australia, adhering to organic farming practices.
Still Unsure if This Product is Right for You?
Enter the quantity of product and your Australian suburb name to calculate the shipping costs for multiples of this item only. You can calculate the shipping costs for your entire order, including international orders, on the Cart Page.
Free Shipping Eligibility
Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $249 that are not bulky items. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
Back Order products
These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
Click & Collect Only products
These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
Fast Dispatch products
These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Special Order products
Special Order products are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Products marked with ship-to-store can still be shipped to us to collect in-store! Simply check out with the shipping address: 3/4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD, 4053. Once your order arrives, we’ll email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.
1 Year Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details...