OGS Neem Oil [1L]
In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
What is Neem Oil?
Neem Oil is made by pressing the fruit and seed of the Neem tree (Azadirachta Indica) which yields booth Neem Oil and Neem Cake. Emulsified Neem Oil is Neem Oil mixed with Potassium Hydroxide to make it more readily water soluble without effecting its properties / effects.
How does Neem Oil work ?
Neem Oil contains many molecules that are responsible for its anti insecticide effects, however the following two account for the large majority of the Neem Oil active agents:
- Nimbin - A triterpenoid that posses anti-insecticidal, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and anti-fungicidal activity.
- Azadactrin - a well known and studied triterpenoid that contains a variety of functional groups leading to a wide array of activity towards various receptors.
These two chemicals work as 'Anti Feedants' / 'Growth Disruptors' which affect over 200 species of insects. Both chemicals are biodegradable (when exposed to light or water) and show very low toxicity within mammals, making it an ideal organic insecticide.
We recommend you use OGS Neem Oil at a rate of 2ml / L and work your way up if your plants show no signs of stress. Treating plants regularly with Neem Oil is an effective way of warding off pests before they can take a hold on your plants - preventative maintenance.
OGS Neem Oil is Effective for the Treatment of the following pests:
- White Fly
- Mealy Worms
- Spider Mites
- Spring Tails
- Powdery Mildew
- Rust Fungi
- Cabbage Worms / Beet Worms
- Leaf Miners
Importantly, Neem Oil is not harmful to lady bugs, bees or earthworms.
|Warranty Length||Limited Warranty|
|Warranty Conditions||Limited Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||1.00 kg|
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.