In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
Hydro Halo Water Rings Set of Two [22cm] - ($22.10)
Hygen Coco Brick [5kg] - ($25.00)
Pot Saucer [358mm] - ($6.38)
Sticky Fly Traps [10 Pack] - ($21.00)
Round Fabric Pots
As it's name suggests, round fabric pots are made from a breathable fabric. They are made from 350gsm fabric which is much thicker than many on the market - making them more durable and less prone to transpiration loss.
Round Fabric Pot Specifications
|Round Fabric Pot||Dimensions (cm)||Recommended Pot Saucer Size (mm)|
|15L||30(L) x 30(W) x 24cm(H)||360mm|
|20L||30(L) x 30(W) x 28cm(H)||360mm|
|25L||34(L) x 34(W) x 26cm(H)||425mm|
|30L||36(L) x 36(W) x 29cm(H)||500mm|
|40L||48(L) x 48(W) x 30cm(H)||580mm|
|50L||50(L) x 50(W) x 30cm(H)||580mm|
|90L||52(L) x 52(W) x 44cm(H)||630mm & 690mm|
There are many benefits in using fabric pots over traditional styles of pot, including the following:
Fabric Pot Durability and Re-use
Fabric Pots are breathable fabric plant containers "air prune" your plants' roots when they reach the end of the container. The air root pruning process forces the roots to branch out with more fibrous feeder roots which are much more efficient in taking up water and nutrients. The very durable geotextile fabric is porous, allowing air into the root zone and provides great drainage creating a healthy environment for the roots.
Air Pruning Benefits
Fabric pots encourage horizontal and vertical roots, but unlike the case with conventional plastic pots, once the roots reach the wall of the fabric pot they are ‘air pruned’. The root effectively stops growing and will not grow round and round the inside of the pot (pot bound). The plants' energy instead is focused on growing new feeder roots, creating a dense, healthy root system.
Root Zone Aeration with Breathable Pot Side Walls
Fabric pots allow the movement of air from outside the pot, through the pot wall, and directly to the root zone. Oxygen is able to reach the root zone from all sides enabling roots to breathe and beneficial microbes to thrive. When in direct sunlight, heat is not absorbed by plastic or terracotta which heats the plants root ball, causing sweating and stress to the plant. Instead the breath-ability of the fabric effectively cools the root ball in the same way evaporative cooling cools a house.
Fabric Pots Prevent Over Watering
Over watering is a major problem for all potted plants. Fabric pots allow free drainage through the bottom as well as the sides, making it nearly impossible to over water.
Great for Hydroponics
Fabric pots can be top watered, or used in a flood and drain (ebb & flow) system where nutrients can be absorbed through the pot on all sides.
Portability of Fabric Pots
Like traditional pots, fabric pots are very portable, and can be easily moved.
Fabric pots come flat packed so you don't have to juggle bundles of plastic pots or worry about them being damaged on the way to you.
The larger size fabric pots (15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50 & 90 Litre) have a wire rim that self supports the pot, holding the pot open, making it easier to add media etc.
Fabric thickness: 350 g/m2
Fabric Pots Give Results!
At Aqua Gardening we have trialed Fabric pots against regular round plastic pots (and "geopots"), and the results are impressive. Our tomato planted in the fabric pot grew faster and healthier than the regular pot, with the overall size around 50% larger. Combine this with the fact fabric pots can be reused after being washed, they are definitely one of the best pots available.
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||0.10 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.