In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
Hangups Light Hangers Set of 2 - ($14.20)
Rope Ratchet Hanger Twin Pack - ($16.10)
CFL Grow Tent Kit 75W [0.8 x 0.8 x 1.6m] - ($258.00)
Uniseal is simply the world's best seal. It's flexible rubber and quick and simple to install:
- After cutting a hole in the wall of a tank or other surface, the seal is inserted.
- Then the PVC pipe is coated with a slippery detergent (i.e. dish soap) and pushed into the seal.
Uniseal products replace traditional plumbing hardware with a single injection moulded unit requiring no component parts. It was designed to solve many of the issues of pipe to tank connections. For many industries pipe to tank seals are traditionally among the most complex connections to manufacture. Traditional seals require multiple parts such as, rigid flanges, bolts, washers, o-rings, along with long assembly times and high production costs. The Du Pont Alcryn is the key to the liquid-tight seal. When the pipe is pushed through the rubber-like Uniseal from the outside, the inside Alcryn wall becomes thin enough to allow the pipe to squeeze through and then forms a liquid-tight seal. The coefficient of friction with the plastic pipe is roughly three times higher than any other material which allows it to create a better seal than with any other material. In static conditions the seal is good up to 65 PSI. Uniseal can withstand pressure, and suction, acids, oils, greases, gasoline, sewage, waste, heat and cold. It offers long life, easy installation and reduced labour and material costs. For the Uniseal 20mm (¾ inch) you need to drill a 31.75mm (1 ¼ inch) hole.
Uniseal Installation Instructions
- Cut hole with holesaw to the size indicated. Take care as lower quality plastics may crack.
- Ensure that the hole is clean with no burrs. Irregular holes may cause leaks.
- Insert the Uniseal with the wide surface facing out.
- Make certain the pipe to be inserted is cut clean and square at the end. Sand the edges so there are no rough or sharp edges to cut the surface of the Uniseal.
- Use soap or lube on the pipe to be inserted. Insert the pipe into the uniseal as far as needed to clear the inside of the seal by about 20mm. The lubricant will be squeezed off of the pipe as it passes through the Uniseal.
- Some force may be required ie. use a mallet. Take care not to damage the wall or the inside of the uniseal with too much force.
Uniseal Hole Sizes
Here is a list of the uniseal sizes Aqua Gardening stocks, and the relevant hole saw sizes in metric and imperial measures.
Uniseal and Pipe Size - Metric (Imperial) / Hole Saw Size - Metric (Imperial)
- 20mm Uniseal (¾ inch) / 32mm (1 ¼ inch) hole
- 25mm Uniseal (1 inch) / 44mm (1 ¾ inch) hole
- 32mm Uniseal (1 ¼ inch) / 51mm (2 inch) hole
- 40mm Uniseal (1 ½ inch) / 64mm (2 ½ inch) hole
- 50mm Uniseal (2 inch) / 76mm (3 inch) hole
- 89mm Uniseal (3 ½ inch) / 102mm (4 inch) hole
- 100mm Uniseal (4 inch) / 127mm (5 inch) hole
Uniseal Suitable Pipe Sizes
All of the pipe sizes listed are for PVC Pressure Pipe*. There is one exception, 89mm uniseals are only suitable for 90mm Stormwater pipe. To double check your pipe, the correct pipe outer diameters (OD) are as follows:
- 20mm Uniseal - 26.6mm OD
- 25mm Uniseal - 33.4mm OD
- 32mm Uniseal - 42.1mm OD
- 40mm Uniseal - 48.2mm OD
- 50mm Uniseal - 60.3mm OD
- 89mm Uniseal - 89.0mm OD
- 100mm Uniseal - 114.3mm OD
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||0.10 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.