Debco Vermiculite 5L: Premium Moisture Retention Covering for Germinating Seeds and Propagation
Debco Vermiculite 5L is a premium additive designed for gardeners who want to create their own germination and propagation mixes. This naturally occurring, non-toxic aluminium iron silicate mineral is ideal for moisture retention and temperature regulation during seed germination and propagation.
Features and Benefits
- Premium Grade Ingredient: Ideal for gardeners creating their own seed germination and propagation mixes
- Moisture Retention: Vermiculite retains moisture, providing ideal conditions for seed germination and propagation
- Temperature Regulation: Creates stable temperature environment for seed germination and propagation
- Versatile Applications: Suitable for various types of seed raising and propagation mixes
- Naturally Occurring: Non-toxic aluminium iron silicate mineral with a lightweight structure and high surface area
How to Use
- Create a propagation or seed raising mix by blending peat moss and perlite or horticultural sand (see examples below)
- Fill container or tray with the prepared mix
- Place seeds or cuttings in the mix according to the specific requirements
- Sprinkle a fine layer of vermiculite on top of the mix to provide moisture retention and temperature regulation
Aqua Gardening Suggests These are Best For
Debco Vermiculite 5L is best for gardeners creating their own seed raising and propagation mixes. It is ideal for use with fine to very fine seeds and for promoting healthy germination and propagation.
Notes from Aqua Gardening
- This product contains micro-organisms. Avoid breathing dust or mists, and wear a particulate mask if product is dusty
- We recommend wearing gloves when gardening and keeping the product moist when handling
- Wash hands immediately after use and read the detailed warning label on the bag before handling
What is Debco Vermiculite used for?
Debco Vermiculite is used as a moisture retention covering for germinating seeds and propagating. It is a premium grade ingredient for gardeners who want to create their own seed raising and propagation mixes.
When should I use Debco Vermiculite?
Debco Vermiculite can be used throughout the year - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, and December.
How does Debco Vermiculite help with seed germination?
Vermiculite retains moisture and regulates temperature, which aids in the germination process. It is especially ideal for sowing fine to very fine seeds.
How do I create a propagation and striking mix using Debco Vermiculite?
Blend 5L of Peat Moss (50%) and 5L of Perlite (50%). Then, sprinkle 250ml of Vermiculite as a fine layer on top of the mix.
How do I create a seed raising mix using Debco Vermiculite?
Blend 8.5L of Peat Moss (85%) and 1.5L of Horticultural Sand (15%). Then, sprinkle 250ml of Vermiculite as a fine layer on top of the mix.
Is Debco Vermiculite safe to use?
Yes, Vermiculite is a naturally occurring, non-toxic aluminium iron silicate mineral. However, it contains micro-organisms and can be dusty. It is recommended to wear a particulate mask if dusty, wear gloves when gardening, and wash hands immediately after use.
Can I use Debco Vermiculite for other applications besides seed raising and propagation?
While Debco Vermiculite is specifically designed for seed raising and propagation, it can also be used in other applications where moisture retention and temperature regulation are essential for plant growth.
Still Unsure if This Product is Right for You?
Enter the quantity of product and your Australian suburb name to calculate the shipping costs for multiples of this item only. You can calculate the shipping costs for your entire order, including international orders, on the Cart Page.
Free Shipping Eligibility
Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $249 that are not bulky items. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
Back Order products
These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
Click & Collect Only products
These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
Fast Dispatch products
These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Special Order products
Special Order products are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Products marked with ship-to-store can still be shipped to us to collect in-store! Simply check out with the shipping address: 3/4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD, 4053. Once your order arrives, we’ll email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
60 Day Returns - Not available for this product, please contact us if you have any issues. More details...