In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
The Autopot Smart Valve is the heart of each AutoPot System. The unit controls the water level in a module (or your own tray) to give your plants the wet-dry cycle. Over thirty years of trials, refinement and development have resulted in today's smaller Autopot Smart valve: the Mini Mk3 Smart Valve.
The Mini Smart Valve model remains true to the original working principles, with refinements to allow adjustability for even more reliable performance. Unlike a conventional ball cock type float valve, the Autopot Smart valve allows total reduction of the fluid level before it refills. The dimensions of the Mini Smart Valve are (LxWxH) 9 x 5 x 4cm.
How does the Autopot Smart Valve work?
When connected to a water supply via 4mm tubing, the valve opens to allow water to enter the bottom of the growing container to a set depth (approx 35mm). The valve then closes, and will not permit further water to enter the container until all the original water has been used up by the plant / pot. The water absorption is achieved by capillary action that naturally occurs in the growing medium. Once the water has been absorbed to the extent that the film of water under the valve has gone, the valve re-opens and another supply of water enters the growing container. The wet - dry cycles are dictated by the pot's own rate of consumption.
The Autopot Smart valve Mk3 features a redesigned top float to eliminate the possibility of a waterlogged top float.
How to connect water to the Autopot Smart Valve?
Water is supplied via pressure reduced mains, a pressure pump (like the AutoPot Smart Pump Set) or gravity fed from a water or nutrient tank. We recommended installing a 4mm or 13mm filter in the irrigation tubing before the water reaches the smart valve to prevent blockages.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
1 Year (Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement. )
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details.