In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
Bloom Humate [300ml] - ($18.10)
Bloom Seaweed [300ml] - ($7.50)
Great White Premium Mycorrhizae [150g] - ($60.00)
Professors Go Roots [250ml] - ($79.00)
What are Organic Gardening Microorganisms AKA OGM?
OGM has been demonstrated to promote a more efficient release of nutrients from organic and microbial inputs, ultimately producing superior quality crops in terms of health, colour, flavour and yield. OGM is a Probiotic Liquid Microbial Inoculant that requires no brewing. It contains five families, ten genera and more than 80 types of aerobic and anaerobic microbes including lactic acid bacteria, phytosynthetic bacteria, yeasts, fungi and actinomycetes.
What are the benefits of using Organic Gardening Microorganisms AKA OGM?
The use of OGM leads to crops with improved health, flavour, colour and biomass by greatly increasing the content of disease preventing phytochemicals in and available to your plants. Studies have found that the fruit from OGM treated plants have twice the antioxidant activity than the same plants in absence of OGM. These benefits are achieved in part through a 34-54% increase in:
- Flavanol’s and Flavonol’s responsible for certain flavours (and health benefits for humans);
- Anthocyanin’s responsible for gorgeous deep purple, blue and red colourations, as well as protection from overexposure to UV light;
- Other polyphenols used as signals in vital growth processes such as ripening, hormone control, deterrence of herbivores and the prevention of infection; and
- In addition, the beneficial microorganisms in OGM accelerate the conversion of organic matter into humus and exude polysaccharides that lead to improved soil tilth.
OGM is Ideal for Composting
On top of the fantastic benefits for your garden listed above, OGM can also serve as a composting accelerator. The microbes in EM-accelerated compost help to suppress foul odours, and the compost itself achieves a slightly higher temperature in the early stages of composting which can more rapidly kill off pathogens (the final pathogen levels are no lower than a standard compost pile that has finished cooking, but could make your compost "useable" sooner). Ultimately, EM-accelerated compost will observe about a 1% increase in plant available Nitrogen content, a 70% fat reduction and a slightly enhanced humification process over the course of 3 months when compared to compost piles without OGM. This makes OGM ideal for home composting.
How Do I Use OGM?
Use a sprayer to foliage feed with OGM or add 3-5mL to 10L of water for a soil drench.
For best results apply no more than once per week throughout the growing season.
When composting: Using a solution of 5mL OGM per 10L water, pre-treat organic matter with a sprayer.
|Warranty Length||Limited Warranty|
|Warranty Conditions||Limited Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||1.00 kg|
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.