Oyster Shell Flour [1kg]
Oyster Shell Flour is a premium Calcium source that takes longer to break down than other Calcium sources. This means by using Oyster Shell Flour you significantly reduce the risk of lockout issues arising when compared with alternative Calcium sources, which can be completely broken down in a few weeks in an active enough rhizosphere.
What is Oyster Shell Flour?
Our freshly ground Oyster Shell Flour is composed of a complex Calcium Carbonate matrix, interlocked with trace elements and covered in kelp and microbes. Oyster Shell Flour has been shown to:
- Act as a Liming agent for the soil, providing pH buffering
- Improve soil tilth
- Provide and help to sustain favourable conditions for microbial activity
- Stimulate enzyme activity
- Increase Cationic Exchange Capacity (CEC)
- Boost the plants immune system
In addition, the slow release Calcium is utilized by plants to facilitate the movement of heavy macro-molecules around plants, helping to increase the structural integrity, promote new growth and increase resistance to disease.
Oyster Shell also contains Chitin which is beneficial to the plants immune system when converted into chitosan by an enzyme released from the plant (chitanase).
How do I use Oyster Shell Flour?
Oyster Shell Flour should be used as a soil amendment. Apply 1 cup per 30L of base mix that is already in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Note: Due to the fine grain size, we recommend you be careful when handling Oyster Shell Flour and consider wearing PPE.
Sold by the kilogram.
Custom bulk orders are available upon request.
|Warranty Length||Limited Warranty|
|Warranty Conditions||Limited Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||1.00 kg|
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.