Grow Healthy Plants with Net Basket Pots for Hydroponics and Aquaponics (Packs of 50)
Net Basket Pots are an essential component for hydroponics and aquaponics systems, designed to provide proper support and an ideal environment for plants to thrive. These pots can accommodate a wide range of plant sizes, from small lettuce and herbs to large tomato plants or other flowering and fruiting vegetables.
Features and Benefits
- Versatile Usage: Compatible with various systems such as N.F.T channel, Deep Water Culture (DWC), top feeding systems, hydroponics, aeroponics, aquaponics, and flood and drain systems.
- Durable and Flexible: Made from high-quality, flexible plastic netting that is resistant to cracking and degradation, ensuring longevity and reduced waste.
- Easy Root Removal: Long vertical openings down the side of the pots make it easier to remove roots when necessary.
- Optimal Airflow and Drainage: Large round hole at the bottom of the pot enables proper aeration and facilitates tap root growth.
- Multiple Sizes Available: Offered in various sizes to accommodate different plant requirements and hydroponic system setups. Sold in packs of 50.
Hydroponic Net Pot Specifications
- All of these sizes of net pots come in multiples of 50 only - check the pack size below and when selecting your size.
- Reading the dimensions - For a 45 x 45mm pot as an example: Rim 45mm diameter, Inner Rim / Holesaw 32 to 35mm diameter, 45mm high. Volume of pot is approx 36ml.
- See table below for the 45mm pot and our other sizes offered.
|Product Type||Rim Diameter (mm)||Height (mm)||Collar / Holesaw size (mm)||Base diameter (mm)||Volume (ml)|
|Net Basket Pots 45 x 45mm (50pack)||45||45||32||25||36|
|Net Basket Pots 50 x 50mm (50pack)||50||50||40||33||63|
|Net Basket Pots 60 x 35mm (50pack)||60||35||43||38||51|
|Net Basket Pots 60 x 55mm (50pack)||60||55||45||38||87|
|Net Basket Pots 70 x 70mm (50pack)||70||70||50||41||137|
|Net Basket Pots 85 x 70mm (50pack)||85||70||60||51||198|
How to Use
- Select the appropriate Net Basket Pot size for your plant and hydroponic system.
- Fill the net pot with your preferred growing media, such as clay pebbles, perlite or coco coir.
- Place the plant's root ball into the net pot, gently covering it with the growing media.
- Insert the net pot into your hydroponic or aquaponic system, ensuring that it is properly secured in place.
Aqua Gardening Suggests These are Best For
Net Basket Pots are ideal for gardeners and growers using hydroponic or aquaponic systems and looking for a reliable method to support their plants. These pots are suitable for various plant sizes, from leafy greens and herbs to larger fruiting plants such as tomatoes.
Notes from Aqua Gardening
- Net pots can be used in PVC pipe hydroponic channel systems, but we don't recommend those systems as they are difficult to clean.
- When selecting your net pot size, be aware that all sizes come in multiples of 50 only.
- To correctly read the dimensions, for a 45 x 45mm pot as an example: Rim 45mm diameter, Inner Rim / Holesaw 32 to 35mm diameter, 45mm high. Volume of pot is approx 36ml.
What is the purpose of a net pot in hydroponic and aquaponic systems?
A net pot is designed to hold growing media and plants in a variety of aquaponic and hydroponic systems, allowing for successful growth of plants such as lettuce, herbs, tomatoes, and other fruiting and flowering vegetables.
Can I use net pots in PVC pipe hydroponic channel systems?
Yes, net pots can be used in PVC pipe hydroponic channel systems, although we do not highly recommend these systems as they are difficult to clean.
What are the key benefits of using plastic net baskets/pots?
Plastic net baskets/pots have several benefits, including their flexible plastic netting, which is resistant to cracking and breakdown. They also have long vertical openings down the sides, making it easier to remove roots, and a large round hole in the bottom, allowing for better tap root growth.
Can net pots be used for larger plants, such as tomatoes?
Yes, net pots are versatile and can be used for larger plants like tomatoes, as well as smaller plants like lettuce and herbs.
How do I determine the appropriate net pot size for my plants?
Most plants can be grown comfortably in a 50mm net pot. However, some hydroponic systems may require larger net pots, with the majority of plants not needing a net pot larger than 75-100mm. In some cases, larger plants such as tomatoes grown in a flat NFT channel may require a net pot as large as 150mm.
Do I need to buy net pots individually or do they come in packs?
Our net pots are sold in packs of 50.
How do I choose the right net pot size for my system?
Refer to the table provided in the product description, which shows the various dimensions of each type of net pot. Compare the dimensions and volume to determine the best pot size for your plant and hydroponic or aquaponic system.
Still Unsure if This Product is Right for You?
Enter the quantity of product and your Australian suburb name to calculate the shipping costs for multiples of this item only. You can calculate the shipping costs for your entire order, including international orders, on the Cart Page.
Free Shipping Eligibility
Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $249 that are not bulky items. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
Back Order products
These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
Click & Collect Only products
These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
Fast Dispatch products
These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Special Order products
Special Order products are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Products marked with ship-to-store can still be shipped to us to collect in-store! Simply check out with the shipping address: 3/4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD, 4053. Once your order arrives, we’ll email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.
1 Year Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details...