Introducing Aqua Gardening's Small Aquaponics System. This kit is very simple to setup. Just add water, fish, plants and connect to two 240V power outlets!
The water pump inside the fish tank pumps water up into the grow bed. The water floods the grow bed and waters the plants. The water then drains back into the fish tank. The pump is connected to a pre-programmed timer and the cycle repeats itself several times a day. The air pump aerates the water for the fish in the fish tank.
The Small Aquaponics System has a very low power consumption and only uses 11 Watts of power maximum (during the periods when the pump is operating). The Aquaponic grow bed uses a flood and drain cycle, so the pump only runs for around 10hrs per day.
Parts Included in the Small Aquaponics System
- Grow Bed - 30L (inert black polypropylene)
- Round fish tank - 90L
- Canna Aqua Clay Pebbles
- Aluminium Frame - 80cm high
- Water Pump - 2 year warranty (1.5m lead)
- Air pump and airstone (has a 1.5m lead and uses 2.5W of power)
- Irrigation fittings including flexible tube and specialised fittings
- 24hr Timer with timing programmed
- Setup and Aquaponics Guide
Getting the Small Aquaponics System Up and Running is Simple
Our suggestion is to start with 4 - 8 goldfish in the system. If you are experienced with Aquaponics you could start with 20 perch fingerlings and grow them for 2-4 months, before transferring them to a larger system. Our Small Aquaponics System ran for 3 years in the Enoggera Shop on display. During that time we grew 2 large crops of basil, tomatoes, chillies and Kang Kong (Water Spinach), just to name a few things. The Kang Kong produced great spinach leaves for 3 months.
- 3 x Tub Outlet Extension
- 1 x Canna Aqua Clay Pebbles [1 x 45L]
- 1 x Tub Outlet [13mm]
- 2 x Tub Outlet Screen
- 4 x 3 Way Corner for 25mm Aluminium Square Tube [25mm]
- 1 x Tub Outlet [25mm]
- 1 x Marina Air Stones Pack of 2 [2.5cm]
- 1 x Aqua One Maxi Water Pump 
- 1 x Black Poly Crate Tub 32L [1 Tub]
- 1 x Aqua One Air Pump [SR 2500]
- 1 x HPM 24hr Mechanical Timer Single Pack 15min Increments
- 4 x 2 Way Elbow for 25mm Aluminium Square Tube [25mm]
- 1 x Black 4mm Flexible Water Tubing [1m]
Free Shipping Eligibility
What is the eligibility for Free Shipping? As long as your delivery address is in our free shipping zone, and your order is above the minimum value for free shipping, your shipping will be free. For full details see our shipping information here.
Special Order Items - These are items that we do not regularly stock. These items will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Back Order Items - These are items we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These items will be back in stock within a few days. See the full details here.
This calculator will give you the delivery charges for this product only. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown, including Free Shipping if you are eligible.
Free Click & Collect - pick up at 4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD 4053. No other shipping options? Check your country and postcode are selected. If they are, you have an item in your cart that cannot be shipped to your address.