In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
The API Nitrate Test Kit measures nitrate levels in both fresh & saltwater aquariums. Tests nitrate levels from 0 to 160 ppm. 90 tests per kit.
Why Test for Nitrate?
Nitrate is produced in the aquarium by the biological filter. Beneficial bacteria in the biological filter convert toxic ammonia and nitrite into nitrate. A high nitrate level indicates a build-up of fish waste and organic compounds, resulting in poor water quality and contributing to the likelihood of fish disease. Maintaining a low nitrate level improves the health of fish and invertebrates. Excessive nitrate also provides a nitrogen source that can stimulate algal blooms. This is why water should be tested for nitrate once a week to make sure the nitrate does not reach an undesirable level.
What the Test Results Mean
In new aquarium and aquaponics systems the nitrate level will gradually climb as the biological filter becomes established.
A nitrate level of 40 ppm (mg/L) or less is recommended for freshwater aquariums. In marine aquariums, it is best to keep nitrate as low as possible, especially when keeping invertebrates.
A Nitrate level of around 80ppm is reccommended for an established aquaponics system with plants and fish. A much lower nitrate level of around 20-40ppm is recommended for systems in their first 2-3 months.
|Warranty Length||Limited Warranty|
|Warranty Conditions||Limited Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||0.15 kg|
|Type||Test and Measurement|
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.