DTPA Iron Chelate for Aquaponics [200g]
In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
Aquaponic Additives Bundle - Seafuel, Potassium, Iron plus Iron and Calcium Test Kits - ($110.00)
Aquasonic Iron Test Kit - ($30.00)
Growth Technology Liquid Iron [500ml] - ($15.00)
DTPA Iron Chelate 11%, suitable for aquaponics. Use 1 scoop (10g) per 1000L of water to raise the iron chelate level by 0.5ppm. We recommend an Iron Chelate content of between 0.5 and 1.0ppm, however in hydroponics it is common to use an iron chelate content of above 2.0ppm.
How much DTPA Iron Chelate is Needed?
How much iron your system needs depends on the following factors:
- The type and quantity of plants being grown;
- The iron (if any) in your water source; and
- How much iron is present in your fish food.
Typically, Aquaponic systems are iron deficient because there is little iron in your water source or your fish food. As a rough guide, an Aquaponic system with a single grow bed and 600-700L of water will require 2 scoops per month. An Aquaponic system consisting of 3 square metres of grow space and 1,400L of water will require 3 to 4 scoops of DTPA iron chelate per month.
How to Measure Iron Chelate?
To measure the iron chelate in your system, an iron test kit is very useful. Use the first test for "available iron" to see how much iron is readily available for the plants in your system. The second test for "iron chelate" checks how much chelated iron is left in the system ready to be broken down into available iron. The second test is a measure of how much iron chelate is "banked" for future use. Some types of fish will be affected by iron chelate levels in excess of 1.0ppm. For more information about DTPA Iron Chelate and other types of iron in Aquaponics, check out our article on chelated iron.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Limited Warranty (This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim. )
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details.