High performance bio media with a particularly large surface area.
Oase Hel-X bio media uses technology from industrial waste water treatment that has been perfected for ponds and aquaponics. In the development of the Hel-X bio-media, priority was placed on maximising the extremely important protected surface area. This is vital for maintaining a stable bio-film. The unique Hel-X helical geometry makes this possible, in addition to offering low flow resistance. In the moving bed filter process, the useful micro-organisms are provided with optimal ambient conditions for the nitrification process.
Oase Hel-X Bio Media Benefits
- Maintenance-free, self-cleaning filter medium in a moving bed system.
- Uniform distribution of aquaponic or pond water through the entire filter medium.
- Neutral floating behaviour
- Large surface for settlement of micro-organisms (859m2/m3).
- The protected surface area is significantly larger than that offered by comparable bio-mediums (704m2/m3).
- Removes ammonia NH3/ammonium NH4 and nitrite NO2 (nitrification)
- Removes Nitrite NO3 (de-nitrification), thus there is less algae growth.
- Ideal extension in the ProfiClear Premium moving bed system
- Also suitable for existing filters with moving bed technology
For a video on how the bio media works see here.
|Warranty Length||1 Year|
|Warranty Conditions||Replacement Warranty|
|Shipping Weight||8.00 kg|
Replacement Warranty - Store warranty, this product needs to be returned to Aqua Gardening for testing and replacement.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.