High performance bio media with a particularly large surface area.
Oase Hel-X bio media uses technology from industrial waste water treatment that has been perfected for ponds and aquaponics. In the development of the Hel-X bio-media, priority was placed on maximising the extremely important protected surface area. This is vital for maintaining a stable bio-film. The unique Hel-X helical geometry makes this possible, in addition to offering low flow resistance. In the moving bed filter process, the useful micro-organisms are provided with optimal ambient conditions for the nitrification process.
Oase Hel-X Bio Media Benefits
- Maintenance-free, self-cleaning filter medium in a moving bed system.
- Uniform distribution of aquaponic or pond water through the entire filter medium.
- Neutral floating behaviour
- Large surface for settlement of micro-organisms (859m2/m3).
- The protected surface area is significantly larger than that offered by comparable bio-mediums (704m2/m3).
- Removes ammonia NH3/ammonium NH4 and nitrite NO2 (nitrification)
- Removes Nitrite NO3 (de-nitrification), thus there is less algae growth.
- Ideal extension in the ProfiClear Premium moving bed system
- Also suitable for existing filters with moving bed technology
For a video on how the bio media works see here.
This calculator will give you the delivery charges for this product only. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown, including Free Shipping if you are eligible.
What is the eligibility for Free Shipping?
As long as your delivery address is in our free shipping zone, and your order is above the minimum value for free shipping, your shipping will be free. For full details see our shipping information here.