In Stock - Fast Dispatch from Brisbane
DTPA Iron Chelate for Aquaponics [200g] - ($19.95)
API Freshwater Master Test Kit - ($75.00)
Fish Food 4mm for Native Fish [500g] - ($11.00)
API Tap Water Conditioner [30ml] - ($4.90)
Potassium Bicarbonate is a mineral used in horticulture and this product is food grade and 99.99% pure. It is an ideal source of potassium for Aquaponics.
Benefits of using Potassium Bicarbonate
Aquaponic systems are often deficient in potassium which is a key mineral for all plants. Potassium is especially important for flowering plants and contributes to bigger flowers and better flavour. The bicarbonate increases water hardness and provides a safer environment for fish, which are sensitive to changes in water pH.
Potassium Deficiency symptoms:
The symptoms of a potassium deficiency are yellow burnt edges on the leaves followed with rusty spots. The tips of the leaves will curl up and you will notice a reduction in flower production, or fruit / vegetables which don't reach to the normal size.
Directions for Potassium in Aquaponics
- Use 1 scoop of Potassium Bicarbonate per 400L of water, once a week, for greens & vegetative growth.
- Use 1 scoop of Potassium Bicarbonate per 200L of water, twice a week, for fruiting plants.
One scoop is included with each 500g and 2kg bag (approx 10 grams).
Considerations when using Potassium Bicarbonate
- Potassium bicarbonate will increase your pH, if your pH goes above 7, decrease it to 6.5 using phosphoric acid.
- The recommended level of KH is below 8 degrees. You can test water hardeness with an API GH/KH Test Kit.
This calculator will show you the delivery charges for this product only.
Free Shipping Eligibility
- Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $100 that are not bulky and are sent to metro areas. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
- Back Order products - These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
- Special Order products - These are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
- Online Only products - These are products that are in stock in a different warehouse and can’t be picked up with the Click & Collect option. If you wish to collect these products from our Brisbane showroom, you can enter our address as the delivery address. Shipping costs may apply. See the full details here.
- Click & Collect Only products - These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
- Fast Dispatch products - These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Limited Warranty (This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim. )
60 Day Returns - We will provide a refund, exchange or store credit where you have decided you no longer want the product and it is in new, unopened condition. More details.