Effectively Deter Possums with Yates Possum Repellent Spray
Yates Possum Repellent Spray is a specially formulated solution designed to protect your plants from possums by deterring these creatures from feeding on your garden foliage.
Features and Benefits
- Special combination of ingredients: Contains Pyrethrum, Piperonyl Butoxide, and Paraffin Oil to deter possums and reduce feeding damage.
- Lasting protection: Provides up to 7 days of protection with regular re-treatment.
- Safe for most plants: Suitable for ornamental and edible plants with only a 1-day withholding period.
- Patented formulation: Developed by Professor Lynne Selwood and protected by a patent granted to the University of Melbourne.
- Tested effectiveness: Yates Possum Repellent Spray has been tested on a range of different plants.
How to Use
- Shake the bottle well before using.
- Spray plants thoroughly, focusing on new growth areas.
- Reapply every 7 days or after rainfall.
- Avoid using when shade temperatures are near 30°C or higher, or when soil is dry and plants are suffering from moisture stress.
Aqua Gardening Suggests These are Best For
Yates Possum Repellent Spray is best for gardeners seeking an effective solution to protect their ornamental and edible plants from possums. It brings peace of mind by keeping your garden safe without harming the animals.
Notes from Aqua Gardening
- Test the product on a small number of plants first to assess plant safety.
- Do not pick edible plants for 1 day after spraying.
- Avoid spraying flower petals directly as marking may occur.
- Do not spray on humans, pets, exposed food, food preparation areas, or food utensils. Cover fish tanks before using. Toxic to aquatic life.
- Do not allow chemical containers or spray to get into drains, sewers, streams, or ponds.
What is the primary purpose of Yates Possum Repellent Spray?
The primary purpose of Yates Possum Repellent Spray is to deter possums from feeding on your precious plants by applying the spray on plant foliage.
How often should I apply Yates Possum Repellent Spray?
You should spray plants thoroughly every 7 days or after rain. Retreatment timing can be extended as possum behaviour changes.
Can I use Yates Possum Repellent Spray on edible plants?
Yes, Yates Possum Repellent Spray can be used on both ornamental and edible plants. However, you need to withhold picking edible plants for 1 day after spraying.
What are the main ingredients in Yates Possum Repellent Spray?
The main ingredients of Yates Possum Repellent Spray are Pyrethrum, Piperonyl Butoxide, and Paraffin Oil.
Can I apply Yates Possum Repellent Spray during the day?
It's best to apply Yates Possum Repellent Spray late afternoon or early evening, as most possum activity occurs at night. Avoid using the product when shade temperatures are near 30°C or higher, or when soil is dry and plants are suffering from moisture stress.
What precautions should I take when using Yates Possum Repellent Spray?
When using Yates Possum Repellent Spray, avoid spraying flower petals directly, as marking may occur. Also, do not spray directly on humans, pets, exposed food, food preparation areas, or food utensils. Cover fish tanks before using and store the product in a cool dry place out of reach of children and pets.
Is it safe to use Yates Possum Repellent Spray on all plant varieties?
Yates Possum Repellent Spray has been tested on a range of different plants. However, since the susceptibility of different plant varieties can vary, it is recommended to test the product on a small number of plants first to assess the level of plant safety.
Still Unsure if This Product is Right for You?
Enter the quantity of product and your Australian suburb name to calculate the shipping costs for multiples of this item only. You can calculate the shipping costs for your entire order, including international orders, on the Cart Page.
Free Shipping Eligibility
Aqua Gardening offers free shipping on most orders above $249 that are not bulky items. Once you place all the items you wish to buy in the cart, the combined shipping price will be shown in the cart, including Free Shipping if you are eligible. For full details please see our free shipping eligibility here.
Back Order products
These are products we usually carry in stock but are temporary out of stock. These products will be back in stock within a few days. We can send you an email notification when they are back in stock if you click on the “Notify me when back in stock” link. See the full details here.
Click & Collect Only products
These products can only be collected from our Brisbane showroom as we can not ship them. If you place any of these products in your cart, you will only see the Click & Collect option at the checkout.
Fast Dispatch products
These are products that we have in stock in our Brisbane showroom, and they are available for immediate Click & Collect or Shipping. Keep in mind that if you have a product which is not listed as a Fast Dispatch product in your cart, there might be a delay on your order. See the full details here.
Special Order products
Special Order products are products that we do not regularly stock. These products will be ordered specially for you, or dispatched directly to you from our supplier. See the full details here.
Products marked with ship-to-store can still be shipped to us to collect in-store! Simply check out with the shipping address: 3/4 Billabong Street, Stafford, QLD, 4053. Once your order arrives, we’ll email you to let you know that it is ready to collect.
Limited Warranty - This product has been stored in a controlled environment to ensure you will receive the best quality product possible. Due to this reason this product is sold on a strict no refund or return policy, unless it falls under a warranty claim.
60 Day Returns - Not available for this product, please contact us if you have any issues. More details...